'Google Sheets Sync' can take the content from your Google Sheets file and pull it into your Figma file; populating content and manipulating your design for you — saving yourself a huge amount of time.
- Change the content in your Text layers
- Download and set image backgrounds from URLs
- Swap out Components for specific instances (including Variants)
- Change colours of your layers
- Plus lots more...
Buckle up and grab a coffee ☕️ Get excited, because understanding how to use this Plugin properly could save you hours of time fiddling around in Figma copy/pasting content!!
Using 'Google Sheets Sync' boils down to 3 key concepts.
- 1.Setting up your Sheet structure – so the content in Google Sheets is organised in a specific way
- 2.Naming your Figma layers – they need to be named in a specific way (so it know what content goes where)
- 3.Running the plugin – and using a 'sharable Google Sheets link' to populate the content
An example of what you may see in Google Sheets after clicking 'Share' to get your Shareable link
The quick overview without needing to read through all the docs.
- STEP 1: Make sure your Google Sheets file has a shareable link – click ‘Share > Get shareable link’
- STEP 2: Name your figma layers appropriately
- Add a ‘#’ followed by the name of the value you want to sync
- For example: to get the value ‘Title’ – name your text layer ‘#Title’
- (Note: it is not case sensitive, and will ignore ‘spaces’)
- STEP 3: Run this plugin, paste your shareable link, and click ‘Fetch & Sync’